Roasted Beet Hummus
1small roasted beet
15 ozcanned chickpeas
2lemons (should yield 1/3 cup of lemon juice)
1⁄4 cupextra virgin olive oil
1) To roast the beet: Wash and drizzle with olive oil and salt, wrap in foil and place in oven at 400 degrees, for about an hour (until a fork easily slides in it). Wait for the beet to cool and peel off the skin. If skin does not come off easily, keep in over for 5-10 minutes longer.
2) Once your beet is cooled and peeled, quarter it and place it in a food processer or blender.
3) Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
4) Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice, or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.
5) Serve in a bowl and sprinkle with parsley, radishes, or pine nuts.
6) Pair it with carrots, cucumbers, or a light rice cracker as an appetizer.
- Print View
- Plain Text