Delightful Chicken Dumplings
- The combination of ginger and scallion adds a unique fragrance to the chicken flavor of the dumplings.
1 pkgdumpling wrappers
12 ozground chicken
2 cupfinely chopped napa cabbage (drained)
1 tbspminced peeled fresh ginger
1 tbspsoy sauce
1 tbspvegetable oil
- Combine ground chicken, drained chopped napa cabbage, chopped scallions, minced peeled ginger, soy sauce, salt, and vegetable oil in a bowl, mix well with a spoon.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and dust with flour. Put aside ½ bowl of cold water.
- Place a wrapper on your palm and brush the edge of the wrapper lightly with water. Add 1-2 tablespoons of filling to the center of the wrapper, leaving a ½ inch border. Fold the wrapper in half to enclose the filling, press along the edge to seal.
- Pleat the dumpling’s sealed edge by folding every ¼ inch, forming 5-6 pleats to make a nice looking pouch. Press firmly to seal.
- Transfer the dumpling to the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling, spacing the dumplings ½ inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bring a big pot of water to boil, add dumplings, stir immediately.
- Bring the water back to boil, add ½ cup of cold water, stir occasionally.
- Repeat adding cold water for 3-4 times until dumplings are floating.
- Remove dumplings from the pot with a strainer and place them on a plate (in one layer).
- Serve with the dipping sauce.
Serve with dipping sauce:
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Chinese black vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon Chinese chili sauce (optional)
|Source||Shanshan Chen, Assistant Professor of Bastyr University California|