Making your Health a Priority is the Biggest Trend of 2021
After the countless banana bread and sourdough loafs made in 2020, it seems as if everyone is ready to cleanse into the new year. More time at home means more opportunities to make yourself a priority. Here's how:
- Prioritize sleep. Aim for 8 hours to help balance the circadian rhythm.
- Ground in nature. Get at least 20 minutes of sunshine or a 30-minute walk daily to help alleviate stress and support vitamin D levels.
- Hydrate. Drink at least half of your body weight in ounces of water to support the skin’s barrier and help flush out toxins.
- Eat more veggies. Try new recipes and get creative! Support local farmers by purchasing a CSA box or visiting a farmer’s market.
- Meditate. Five minutes a day is all it takes.
If you would like guidance in creating a health plan, consider seeing a naturopathic doctor. Call Bastyr Center for Natural Health (Seattle) at 206.834.4100 or Bastyr University Clinic (San Diego) at 858.246.9730 to schedule an appointment.
By: Rubaina Dang, ND, First-Year Resident