Homeopathic Remedies to the Rescue this Summer!
Natural remedies for every day ailments.
Summer is a time filled with fun adventures with friends and family. It isn’t surprising then that some suggest the origin of the word “summer” comes from “together.” So what do you do when all of these fun adventures also come with bruises, cuts, tummy aches and other injuries? And what do you do if you prefer more natural solutions to these obstacles to fun?
Homeopathy could be a great solution for your natural first aid kit for summer. It is versatile, inexpensive and comes in small containers that are easy to take with you. Here are some great options to keep with you this summer:
- Fall or injure yourself and have a bruise (or bruise-like pain)? Try Arnica montana.
- Sprain your ankle or wrist? Ruta graveolens might be your answer.
- Drop something on your hand or foot (or close it in a door)? Hypericum perforatum is likely to ease that pain.
- Scrape your knee? Calendula officinalis will probably speed the healing process along.
- Get bit by an insect? Apis mellifica often eases that itching and discomfort.
- Have a bit of food poisoning? Consider Arsenic album.
- Indulge in a bit too much of food, drink or fun? Nux vomica may turn out to be your best friend.
- Suffering from motion sickness? Cocculus indicus might be a good option, especially if you are also dizzy. Tabacum might be a better option if you are much better in the open air.
Keep in mind that homeopathy is based on the idea of “like cures like,” and there are hundreds of homeopathic medicines. So if the homeopathic medicine that you use doesn’t work, there is probably a better homeopathic medicine; consult a licensed naturopathic doctor for some more help. Please also remember, seeking medical evaluation is often necessary and none of these suggestions are meant to replace professional medical care.
You can buy these homeopathics individually at most health food stores, or you can buy a kit of remedies from a variety of companies online. If you are new to homeopathy, a book like Everybody’s Guide to Homeopathic Medicines by Stephen Cummings and Dana Ullman might be helpful to you.
Paul McCartney once said: “I can’t manage without homeopathy. In fact, I never go anywhere without homeopathic remedies.” Maybe after trying some of these options this summer, you will agree with him. Here’s to a fun and adventure-filled summer together with friends and family!
More Health Tips
The “La Croix Craze” has taken the markets by storm and the choices for sparkling water are abundant, but is all water created equally?
There are ways to help treat IBS using safe, natural products, and life-style intervention.
There are many ways to monitor and change your individual risk of heart disease.
Purchasing food grown closer to your home will provide great health, economic and environmental benefits.
With the number of Type 2 Diabetes patients quickly rising, it's time to start preventing this disease by changing dietary and exercise habits. Dr. Jennifer Pilon sheds some light on how to prevent this disease naturally.
Get help decreasing your pesticide exposure without going over budget with the Environmental Working Group's lists of the "Dirty Dozen" and the "Clean Fifteen."