Spaghetti Squash with Pumpkin Seed Pesto
1medium spaghetti squash
1⁄4 cuppumpkin seeds, toasted
1 cupbasil leaves, packed
1⁄4 cupParmesan cheese, grated (plus more for garnish)
1⁄4 cupextra virgin olive oil
2 tsplemon juice
1⁄2 tsplemon zest
1⁄2 tspground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash squash, cut in half lengthwise and spoon out the seeds. Punch a few holes in outer skin with a fork. Place squash cut-side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take the squash out of the oven, let it cool and remove the flesh, separating the strands with the fork.
- Toast pumpkin seeds.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Gently mix pesto with spaghetti squash and serve with extra Parmesan cheese on top. Serve hot.