Kenmore, WA 98028
|Full Registration||$ 795.00|
Simkin Course Types
Main Events Feed Filter
- 80 techniques to alleviate common perinatal discomforts
- Promote physiologic and mother-centered care
- Skills to increase awareness and readiness for labor
- Medical complications & high risk pregnancy adaptations
- Detailed maternity physiology, anatomy and functionality
- Labor techniques to facilitate relaxation, pain reduction & progress
- Postpartum restoration of abdomen, movement & emotions
- Techniques for reducing childcare strain & supporting breastfeeding
- Research, ethics & working with other providers
- Positioning & techniques applicable to other special populations
- Immersion in nurturing, motivated learning community
- Personalized feedback to improve embodiment & effectiveness
- New repertoire of immediately applicable skills
- Distinction as a specialist for childbearing people
- 32 meaningful, inspiring hours, plus your CE credits
- Improved client care & retention
- Extended career longecity from body usage efficiency & a lucrative specialization
- A prerequisite to thehigh-caliber certification manay employers require
- Skill expansion for all clients needing positioning alternatives
Prerequisite: 500+ hours of massage therapy training (other perinatal professionals admitted with approval, contact us for information). Good anatomical knowledge and skill, and experience in Swedish massage and at least one of the following: deep tissue/myofascial release, structural balancing, trigger point/neuromuscular therapy, or passive movement.
Textbook: Pre-and Perinatal Massage Therapy, 2nd edition by Carole Osborne.
Certification: After earning these 32 CE hours, verify your knowledge & skills by purchasing an assessment module. Test online & submit video for individualized evaluation.
Instructor: Carole Osborne LMT was recognized by the AMTA Council of Schools as a National Teacher of the Year, a high point of over 40 years as a somatic arts and sciences educator. She has been an integrative body therapist since 1974. In addition to private practice, she has worked in osteopathic, psychological and women’s medical settings. Her work focuses on facilitating somato-emotional and neuromuscular integration, particularly related to childbearing, trauma, substance and eating disorders, self-image and nurturing. Her practice is located in San Diego, CA.
CEUs: Approved by National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), FL Board of Massage, and meets current AMTA, ABMP, DONA International requirements.
Audience: Licensed Massage Therapists and others licensed to touch. Advanced students of massage therapy, nurses, midwives, and other healthcare providers - contact us for information on approval to attend.
All courses are held at Bastyr University unless otherwise noted. Directions
Contact us for lodging information: 425-602-3075
Call us at (425) 602-3361