See location under description.
Kenmore, WA 98028-4966
|Professionals & General Public||$ 535.00|
|Bastyr/NIAOM Alumni||$ 485.00|
|Full-time Students||$ 325.00|
Main Events Feed Filter
Aromatherapy & Essential Oils – Foundations
Aromatherapy & Essential Oils – Chemistry & Biology
One other course from the Aromatherapy & Essential Oils Certificate Program
Pre-class assignment: Prior to the first class session read Chapter 12 in Aromatherapy: Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils for Esthetics, and answer review questions at the end of the chapter.
Please bring: Your kit of 13 essential oils representing each functional group and fragrance category. The instructor will supply additional materials, bases and oils for the weekend activities (approx. $65 value). Also bring your program binder for additional handout materials.
- The connection between health and everything else in a person’s life
- The holistic aromatherapy consultation
- Reviewing and analyzing the consultation form
- The use of observation in consultation
- Evaluation as a non-linear process
- Determining the root cause and related influences on disease and systemic imbalance
- Connecting symptoms with emotional imbalance
- Using the consultation to determine your therapeutic goal
- Using the consultation in your selection of essential oils
- Calculate your cost of goods and how to price your products and services
- This seminar has been designed for health care professionals; however, the general public is invited to attend as well.
The course is 20 hours, and includes 17 hours of classroom experience and three to six hours of self-study. Classroom experience will include lecture, demonstration, and hands-on practice.
Upon completion of the seminar you will be able to:
- Define a holistic consultation and describe the connection between health and everything else in a person’s life.
- Create or modify existing consultation form for use in a competent aromatherapy consultation.
- Make effective observations during the consultation for the selection and application of essential oils.
- Make capable non-linear connections between symptom and potential cause.
- Select essential oils based on conclusions of emotions, diet/nutrition, lifestyle, allergies, current medical profile, skin analysis, environment and philosophical outlook.
- Create an aromatherapy goal using a complete and holistic aromatherapy consultation.
- Use my aromatherapy goal and consultation to select essential oils, formulation method, dosage and application method for treatment with essential oils.
- Perform an aromatherapy consultation according to state and federal regulations, individual scope of practice, confidentiality of client and ethics.
This class is part of a non-credit program offered by Bastyr’s Certificate, Community and Continuing Education Department. To read about the program's course sequence, requirements and fees, click here.
Location: Bastyr University Kenmore Campus, room #220. Room 220 is on the 2nd floor of the south wing with “stair-only” access. Bastyr University is housed in an older facility with fluctuating interior temperatures; it is advisable to wear layers. Also, Bastyr is a “fragrance-free” campus.
Eligible for 17 CEUs, PDAs, CMEs, and/or CEs for the following professions:
ND (except those licensed in CA)
Eligibility Pending: ND (licensed in OR)
LMP (licensed in WA)
PT & OT (licensed in WA)
Eligibility Pending: LMP NCBTMB CEs
ARNP & RN (licensed in WA)
MD & PA - Category II CMEs (those licensed in WA)
LAc - NCCAOM PDAs
Eligibility Pending: LAc (licensed in CA)
LAc (licensed in CA)
Jimm Harrison, Cosmetologist and Certified Aromatherapist